Key Learnings in Article
- Who to hire and who not to hire in Japan
- Where to find the best resources
- Things to think about when interviewing candidates
- Things to know about using recruiters
- Other Resources available to you…
As someone who has helped hundreds of foreign companies in their transition into the Japanese market over the past ten years, there are several tips about hiring bilingual talent in Japan that you may not find elsewhere.
The short answer is: If you try to find bilingual talent, focus on talent, not bilingual. This involves technical testing, computer skills testing, personality testing, calling multiple references and doing background checks. Many foreign companies make the mistake of being so happy to speak to someone with good English that they lose sight of the real goal: true capability.
If you would like to speak with me now, please send an email here.